Vetox Lab envisages to becoming a regional research center of excellence for research on venoms, natural poisons and related topics in toxicology, with specific aims as follow:
1. To characterize the compositions and toxicity of venoms/poisons for understanding their pathophysiological effects.
2. To study the immunological properties of venoms/poisons for optimization and development of antidotes/antivenoms and immunodiagnostic assays.
3. To conduct preclinical and clinical assessment of antivenoms/antidotes on neutralization against toxicity of various venoms/poisons.
4. To explore potential medicinal use of venom/poison components in diseases.
5. To establish collaborations and networks with local and foreign experts in addressing the global health problem associated with envenoming and poisoning.